Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Conference Weekend

I love general Conference! It's a special time we can spend with our family listening to the leaders of the church. They give such inspiring and comforting counsel. It seemed like this conference was all about finding hope, faith and comfort in a troubling time and world we live in. Conference always makes me think of my mission because I served on Temple Square where conference is a busy and amazing time. We all went to my mission reunion on Friday and it was so much fun to see so many wonderful sisters that I miss so much. It's amazing also to see that most had their husbands with them now and there were 6 brand new little babies. Boyce was the oldest. On Sunday we got to spend time with Candace (Mark's sister) for her birthday and be with Lance (mark's brother) and his family. It was a great weekend even though it rain almost the entire time.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I know Brett misses his mission all the time. That is cool that you will be reminded of yours though atleast twice a year! It must bring back great memories for you. Conference was really good, I especially liked the talk by Pres. Monson Sunday Morning. And what is this about moving to Texas? What part?

NACJMAC said...

How fun! Wasn't conference amazing! And even more fun that you got to see mission friends and memories!