Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

We had a wonderful Independence Day. We had been working on the decorations for the truck that would pull the Marriott Float all week., so we would be ready for the parade. I had to work in the morning but it was a lot of fun, because we just entertained the little kids and marched in the parade. Chris & Julie (our friends), Candace (Mark's sister), and the McGarry's (Marks aunt, uncle & cousins all came over for a BBQ. After they all rode the alpine coaster and slide. That night we watch from our place up the ski run and watched the amazing fireworks from about 150 yards away. It was so cozy on the blankets in the warm summer night. Boyces even loves the fireworks. He just watched in awe. Then it was so nice just to walk home. It was a perfect holiday.




5 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I love the picture of the fireworks--beautiful! That's nice that Boyce enjoyed the fireworks and didn't cry the whole time or anything. What a fun day!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! We missed! We also hope that you're feeling better!

Brandon and Erica said...

OH MAN! I can't believe I didn't even realize that you were at the SAME PLACE that we were last weekend. I think I was so amazed by the Mountainside that I lost all inhibitions. Seriously! That place is HUGE :-). So, I am sad that I didn't think to call you and meet up with the Turpins (especially Boyce!).
One of these days we are going to hang out...one of these days...

SORRY! So glad you had a fun 4th though!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a fun fourth. Your son is adorable and I love the pictures from the beach it is way fun to see everyone all grown up :)

Cannon Beach Bums said...

Love the post. All the pictures were so cute! We miss you guys. Hopefully we will see you guys this week, we are coming to Utah for a family reunion.