Monday, September 15, 2008

Crazy Town

Do you want to hear the latest story in our crazy life?! We were so excited to be back to Provo and into a nice little house with a yard. We were finally in a ward and we were looking forward to being here just for the fall for Mark to finish his bachelors and then probably off to Vegas. Well, Crazy Provo Town just decided they wanted to kick out all the renters in homes in the neighborhood we live in. You can get around this insane new law if the owners live in the home. This is putting our landlords in a tough place and in response they just put our house up for sale. Two things could happen to us; In the time the houses is on the market the city of Provo could kick us out or fine our Landlords (who are so kind and doing everything they can for us) or something will buy the home and move in up or downstairs and rent the other part to us. Sadly to say we have started to look for places to rent for 3 months, because we don't know what is going to happen. And I'll tell you what, it's hard to find a place where someone will give you that short of a lease. Plus I don't want to move again, just to move again!! This is a really crazy and stressful time for us. I am trying to be tough but I just want to be a baby about the entire thing. I know this will work out, we will just keep praying and hoping that someday we can live in a nice place where we can stay put for a while. We will keep you posted.

7 comments:

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Stupid Provo! Haha that is terrible. I hope it all works out for you guys. Maybe you should just say your done and move to Las Vegas early. Although I think that you are entitled to be a baby about the whole thing! Good luck. We miss you guys and your little baby.

Brandon and Erica said...

OH MY GOSH! Don't you hate stupid Provo City rules? Sarah..we are in the same situation right now (i.e. having the City officials come knocking on our door weekly). They are trying to kick us out because we live in a mother-in-law suite....and they have RIDICULOUS rules!

I say we boycott Provo City and NEVER live here long term!

I am so sorry you are going through that. It's so stressful to not know what will happen next!

We'll be praying for you.

Holly said...

That is crazy--I am so sorry! I can't believe they're doing that! Good luck and let us know if we can help with anything!

Wendle said...

Of course something like that is happening in Provo. I can't say I'm surprised. I'm just glad I got out of there!

I'm s glad you found me on here! You look great and your little boy is adorable. I hope everything works out with housing for you guys. Such a disaster...

Michelle said...

It's so hard to be in a "transition" phase! Hanging out in limbo where you don't know what's going to happen and when. It definitely can be stressful. Believe me I know! But I DO know that everything will work out and you guys are going to be fine. I hope you're having fun in Vegas!

Michelle said...

Hey - I tagged you.

Kyle and Megan said...

Ugh . . . what a nightmare! I was never a huge fan of Provo parking enforcement or housing! It's difficult enough trying to find a place to live, and now they're trying to kick you out! Also, don't they know how inconvenient it is to move? Will the city pay for your Uhaul if you do have to move? This is clearly a stressful time, but we wish you the best.